October 10, 2013

A Joyce Meyer devotional - "Love Out Loud"

"Break Free from Criticism and Judgment"
Joyce Meyer's "Love Out Loud" devotional
October 10

"But [as for me personally] it matters very little to me that I should be put on trial by you...I do not even put myself on trial and judge myself...I feel blameless; but I am not vindicated and acquitted before God on that account. It is the Lord [Himself] Who examines and judges me." 1 Corinthians 4:3, 4

Criticism and judgment are rampant in today's society. It is unfortunate that people choose to degrade others instead of offering encouragement and affirmation. For most people, being criticized and judged by others is difficult to bear. It's hard on us mentally, and it can be very painful emotionally. But the more we learn to love ourselves in a godly way, the less susceptible we are to the wounds criticism and judgment can inflict.

Certainly, being critical and judgmental toward others is a sin; God's Word instructs us repeatedly not to treat people this way. But, it is equally sinful to allow the adverse opinions of others to affect us negatively or influence the decisions we make.

Most of the time, people who criticize and judge others are extremely insecure. Because they are not comfortable with themselves, they struggle to be at ease with others or to accept what others choose to do. We need to be secure enough in God to be who we are and do what He has called us to do, whether people around us approve or not.

Understand that criticism and judgment are the devil's tools. He will try to use them to keep you from fulfilling your destiny, to limit your liberty, and to steal your creativity. The way to resist them is to be secure in the fact that God loves you and to love yourself appropriately.

Love Yourself Today: "Lord, I pray that I will continue to grow to love and accept myself in godly ways so the criticism and judgment of others will not hurt me or affect me negatively."

No comments:

Post a Comment