June 21, 2010

Despondency

-Okay, so as you all know, I write things that just come to my mind from out of the blue, and most of the time they are NOT true stories. This is one of those things. It's realistic, yes, but not for me. I started writing and this is what I ended up with.

Enjoy :)



Tears cascade down my face. They tiptoe down my cheeks, leaving footprints from my eyes to my chin. Then they drip, letting loose of their watery grip on my face. They fall, down and down, until they crash onto the ground. And for one second, I close my eyes and suck in a breath. My world stops spinning; my sobs become quiet and life slows for a moment. But the pause is temporary, just like everything else in this life. Just like you. Just like the way you said you'd always be here for me. I need something to hold on to. I need something that won't let me down. But you're gone. You said you would make it. You said you would pull through. You said you'd be here to catch me when I was falling. But I'm falling now. Where are you? Where are your hands to brush away these tears? Where are your arms to hold me tight and pull me close? Where is the kiss upon my forehead and the soft lullaby you used to whisper before bedtime? Where is your booming laugh that used to bring me out of my room and onto your lap? Where are you? Did you think I'd be okay? Did you think I was old enough to take care of myself? Did you think I didn't need you anymore? This pain is all I feel. These tears consume me. Come back. Don't give up. You said I'd always be your little girl. I believed you. Why did you stop fighting? Where did you lose hope? I had enough strength in my heart for both of us, so what made you quit? Why did you choose to take your last breath?

But what do I know? I'm just a little girl with a grieving heart. I don't understand. I'll get over you. I've heard it all so many times that I've almost started believing it. One of these days will prove to be better than all the rest. One of these days I'll stop being angry and blaming you for leaving me alone in this world. One of these days I'll get up and move on.

But today, this day... I think I'll just spend it missing you, Dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment